Sunday, June 12, 2011

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE



                                                                         
I guess it was too good to be true.

Yeah, you loved me and I loved you.

I guess love wasn’t enough for us.

What is love? If there is no trust?

I don’t think you trusted me from the start.

I think you will forever have a broken heart.

Broken, until you are true to yourself.

Only then will you be free to love anyone else.

I feel you held what she did against me!

One day you’ll be wise enough to see,

that you missed out on a love so rare.

A love so pure, from a heart that cares.

I guess it was too good to be true!

And I wish that I never loved you!


Excerpt From
Victim Victorious
By Antoinette Denise Johnson

Copyright © 2009
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment